Monday, March 16, 2015

The Best Dream EVER!!

Last week, I had the best dream ever!  In 55 years, I can think of none better. Normally, I don't share my dreams with anyone but maybe my mom, bad or good. But, she thought this one worth sharing.

Living with cerebral palsy, it is natural that I sometimes have dreams that I can walk.  I have even had dreams about going to heaven.  But, nothing ever like this one:

I was with my mom.  I realized I had gotten up from the wheelchair and was standing.  I took a couple of tentative steps, and I didn't collapse or fall over.  Mom and I were looking at each other.  In that split second, we realized that there was only one reason that I could all of a sudden have the ability to walk.

JESUS WAS COMING!!

Thinking of the best vantage point to see His return, we both broke out in a run.

Next thing, I am in heaven.  For some reason, I know that we are being sent to heaven in shifts. Whether it was so we could all greet Jesus in person first, or just to prevent chaos, I didn't know. But, Mom wasn't there yet.

I was standing by a big buffet table.  It was full of the most wonderful looking food.  I was surprised, because I didn't think we would need to eat in heaven.  Then, I looked around and saw the room was filled with chairs. I realized it was there, because socializing and food just go together.  People were eating and joyously visiting with one another. So, I filled my plate and joined in the festivities.

The first person I saw was a wonderful lady that I love dearly.  We had kept track of each other for over 30 years, until Alzheimers took over her mind.  Here she was, vibrant, healthy, HAPPY, and visiting, while she waited for her husband, who had died 35 years ago.  I went up to her.  I was so glad to she her.  We talked about my ability to walk and that her snow-white hair was now the most glorious shade of red.

After greeting her, I began to look around.  I looked back over at the buffet table. An ordinary man just stood there, alone, watching us all.  For some reason, I had this overwhelming urge to go up to him and give him a hug.  Again, in a split second, I understood why.  This was no ordinary man.  This was God, Himself!  He was just enjoying watching His children enjoy one another.

I went over to talk to Him.  I so wanted to thank Him for giving me my legs, before Jesus' feet ever touched earth again, so that I could run and greet Him, like every one else.  He smiled at me, with a twinkle in His eye, and told me that was nothing.  He cold teach me how to fly!

Next thing I know, we are alone, and I am hovering slightly above Him. I realize I am no longer afraid of heights.  I feel safe with Him beside me.  But, I am also just hovering. I mention that this was great, but I wasn't going anywhere.  He told me that I was holding my hands wrong.  He showed me how I must hold them in order to fly and control my direction.  Next thing I know, I am soaring in circles above His head.

The End

So, why has this dream stayed in my mind for over a week? What makes it 55 years worth of special?

For one, in all my other dreams, walking came with a catch.  I would falter or fall.  I would be walking and then I would fall, unable to do anything but army crawl or roll, because I was without my crutches or wheelchair.

In other dreams, there was always a bit of trepidation meeting God, because I know I am unworthy.  But for Jesus, I wouldn't be there. This dream, there was nothing holding me back.  I just wanted to hug God, to thank Him for the gift of my legs a few minutes or seconds early, so I could run to meet Jesus, like everyone else.

In this dream, it wasn't about the ability to fly.  It was about feeling safe next to God.  It was about having a new body that I could control, instead of a body that controlled what I could/couldn't do.

I told Mom I wondered if God was kinda laughing at me, dwelling on this dream.  She suggested that maybe God and Jesus decided it would be fun to give me a good dream.

I have decided that this dream was a gift.  I could run, no faltering this time.  I was running to meet Jesus.  I was greeting someone I love very dearly, who I won't see again this side of heaven.  I was safe with God, who was showing me I now had a new body that I could control, instead of a body that controlled me.

A real gift.  The Best Dream EVER!!

2 comments:

  1. This dream is so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait to see you running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Tina, I check your blog from time to time (used to be every day), and it has been a very long time since you wrote. Now, I know that a lot has been happening in your life. A lot of changes, adjustments, new friends, etc. I think many people would be interested in your take on all this. Lots of material for lots of blogs. There are many people out there facing decisions similar to what you have just been through. Tell us about it!

    ReplyDelete