Monday, September 22, 2014

Wonderful Weekend.

This weekend was wonderful!  My sister, her daughter, and my great-nieces came to see my mom.  My daughter also came home for the weekend!

Of course, it went way too fast!  I was feeling a bit nostalgic, watching my little nieces and thinking back to when my kids were little.  (My "baby" is going to be 17 this week!)

I also got to babysit my friend's dog, which used to be my dog. (Long story) So, I felt blessed.

However, I am also a bit sad.  Now that my girl is working full-time, she doesn't get a long Christmas break.  With the iffy weather in this part of the country, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to spend Christmas together.  It will be my first Christmas without my girl, since she was born.

On the other hand, I am very grateful that she has some really good friends.  She won;t have to spend the holiday alone; and, she will not be risking her neck on slick highways.

I am so proud of both my children.  They are nice people.  God truly has really blessed me, in so many ways!

My heart is full!

No comments:

Post a Comment