Monday, August 11, 2014

Are You Seeing Double?

Usually, if  you are seeing double, you might have an anger management problem, or you have suffered some injury and need to visit the emergency room RIGHT NOW.

However, before you rush off, you might be seeing double, if you normally read my blog Living with Cerebral Palsy.

In November, I will be asked to renew my subscription with GoDaddy. Having blogged for 7 years, it was just one of those yearly bills I paid.  For the first 4 years, it was something I did for my freelance writing business.  Then, 2 years ago, a lawyer asked if he could advertise on my personal blog for a fee.

I charged him a minimal fee, since it wasn't a business blog.  It was more than enough to cover my yearly expenses to maintain the blog.  However, after I had paid the fee last year, he opted to no longer pay the monthly fees for 2014.  I am sure he was helping me out, as well as advertising for legal services for parents of children suffering from brain injuries at birth.  But, if it wasn't bringing him new clients, it was not worth continuing.

Now that I am no longer working, and on a fixed income, I also can no longer justify paying for a domain and name, when Blogspot is free.  Since I have no idea if the site will remain active after December, it is time to establish a new blog, and start building some clout with the search engines. (I learned that, while I was a freelance writer.)

So for yesterday and today, you may think you are seeing double, as I will also be publishing the same post on Living with Cerebral Palsy.  For those of you that have been faithfully following my less than faithful posting, and get notified when I publish something new, it is time to make a change.

Starting tomorrow, you can still keep up with my life, answers to questions I have been asked, and often somewhat boring posts Me and Cerebral Palsy.  It is still me, just free.

No comments:

Post a Comment